Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, and storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To assist aircraft maintenance personnel in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts, and accessories.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, service carts and hand tools.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, flight line, storage, or reclamation.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery; aircraft fuel tank entry.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, assembly, testing and calibration of aircraft components with company special tools and ground equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manual, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Assists A&P mechanics in preparing an aircraft for assembly or maintenance, to include, cleaning of parts, removing and replacing components.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including Lubrication of landing gear, flight controls and various aircraft parts. Opening the aircraft and cleaning for inspections, repairs and replacement of small items found during inspection, seals, brakes, tires etc. Closing aircraft after repairs and servicing are complete. Helping with aircraft operational checks and engine run ups, under direct supervision.
- Upon completion of work scope obtains the signature of a certified mechanic on work cards or forms.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by the immediate Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning, under direct supervision
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Employees are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with company policies and government regulations. These rules are written in the interest of preserving the lives and the resources entrusted to each employee, and when the rules are violated, the risk of a mishap is usually increased.
- Employees shall participate in safety education programs and train to recognize hazards on the job and how to report them promptly. As a condition of employment, each member of Ascent Aviation agrees to report errors, incidents, and accidents honestly.
- Any employee who observes an unsafe action or condition should bring it to the attention of supervisors and managers. Certain conditions may allow the employee to easily correct a condition or situation.
- In all cases, the employee must notify his/her supervisor of any actions taken by the employee. The first employee to observe an accident or incident should take immediate action to alert appropriate responders/supervision and to take reasonable steps to prevent further injury, or damage.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions and percentages may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.