K-Max Helicopter Mechanic
Swanson Group Aviation •
Position Purpose: Responsible for serving as field technical support Engineer on Kaman K-1200 KMAX platforms. Technical Engineer performs the appropriate duties assigned by the DOM/DOUS and performs duties on the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all appropriate FAR’s (Federal Aviation Regulations) and rotor craft flight manuals; with the goal to provide an Airworthy Aircraft for daily multi-mission readiness. Must have a full understanding of and always act in accordance with Swanson Group Mission, Vision and Values Corporate Statement.
- These duties are designated as ADA Essential Functions and must be performed in this job.
- Must be able to work 14 + hours per day, 7 days per week during on shift flight schedule as assigned by DOM. Must be willing to cover during periods of staff illness or family emergencies.
- Perform Duties on Aircraft Airworthiness as per Federal Aviation Administration standards, FAR’s, Manufacturer’s Manual’s and Company policy. Maintain clean and organized working areas.
- Ensure all manuals, S/B’s, A/D’s; revisions are current and updated with proper signatures to reflect all required information.
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained to accommodate routine maintenance and components are ordered 200 flight hours prior to change and noted on maintenance log sheet.
- Ensure all ground support equipment is maintained and in good working (serviceable) condition.
- Ensure all aircraft mobile equipment is maintained and documented in good working order.
- Ensure paperwork is turned in on time, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or end of the month paperwork.
- Ensure inventory is accounted for in accordance with company policy.
- Must have the ability to travel and work away from home in remote places, and possibly to work overseas (OCONUS).
- Ensure that all SGA safety policy and procedures are followed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- The successful candidate shall have a valid FAA successful candidate certificate with airframe and power plant ratings, and shall have held the certificate for a period of 24-months. The successful candidate shall have been actively engaged in aircraft maintenance as a certificated mechanic for at least 18-months out of the last 24-months.
- The successful candidate shall have 12-months experience as an Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) mechanic or foreign equivalent in maintaining helicopters. Three months experience shall have been in the last 2 years.
- The successful candidate will have maintained a KMAX within the previous 10 years and under "field" conditions for at least 1-full fire season.
- Successful candidates shall have satisfactorily completed a manufacturer's maintenance course for the KMAX, or show evidence he/she has 12-months maintenance experience on a KMAX.
- Must supply basic set of hand tools.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on K-Max Helicopters with at least 3 months field experience preferred.
Working Environment: (1) Inside 20%, average temperature 70 degrees F (2) Outside 80%; extreme low temperature 10 degrees F, extreme high temperature 105 degrees F. Noise or vibration: Machine noise to include machine being operated as well as other machines close by including Forklifts. Hazards: See Job Hazard Analysis. (3)Atmospheric conditions: Fumes: Wood, Dust: Limited, Mist: Water, Odors: Wood particle, Gasses: None, Poor Ventilation: None
- These duties are secondary in nature and are not classified as ADA essential.
- Transporting of Jet A fuel utilizing pick up and remote fuel trailers preferred but not required
- Ability to lift/carry more than 40 pounds
- Repairing of mobile equipment/vehicles
- Other duties as necessary.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: (1) Eye Protection. (2) Hearing Protection. (3) Rubber or Leather based gloves when handling dry veneer. (4) Approved Footwear.
Physical Demands: See the Physical Capabilities as listed below; this position requires constant use of hearing and vision, bilateral use of arms and hands, frequent bending, twisting, pushing/pulling and reaching, and occasional lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling more than 40 lbs.
Skills: (1) Must possess valid FAA airframe and power plant license. (2) Must have manufacturer or equivalent military training and/or possess or be capable of procuring KMAX factory training school certificate. (3) Must possess or capable of procuring current First Aid and CPR card. First-Aid/CPR training performed by Swanson Group Aviation. (4) Must possess current DOT medical card (drivers). (5) Must possess or be capable of procuring a Class A CDL within 60 days of hire. (6) Must be capable of procuring USFS/AMD Interagency Fire Card. (7) Strong verbal communication skills. (8) Must be a self-starter.
Safety:(1) Perform only duties you are trained to do. Refer to the companies SMS program and Safety Manager for Aviation.
Reports to: Director of Maintenance / Director of Unmanned Services
Hours per shift: Shift hours / rotation scheduled determined by daily operational needs and customer schedules
Wage: Salary Exempt
USA & Oversees
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)