Lead A & P Mechanic Hawker Crew
This position is for 2nd shift Monday thru Friday from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am
This position is responsible for the technical guidance, coordination and delegation of assignments to technicians assigned to the aircraft. Serves in lieu of the Crew Chief during his absences.
• Helps crew members improve their skills, builds trust and promotes teamwork with the maintenance crew(s). Ensures technicians are aware of standard man hours on assigned tasks. Is technically competent on assigned aircraft and is capable of providing on-the-job training to other maintenance technicians when required.
• Upon arrival of aircraft, makes sure that it is properly placed in the hangar, properly protected, and an incoming inspection of the aircraft is performed. Coordinates all work on the aircraft with members of Airframe Group and other departments.
• Reviews Customer Request for Service Forms with the Crew Chief to determine the scope of work to be performed and any special maintenance requirements.
• Keeps the Crew Chief informed as to the progress of the job and any unusual or delaying findings.
• Is committed to the highest level of ethical conduct, promotes the use of safety equipment and ensures a safe working environment.
• Maintains and services aircraft. Analyzes a variety of technical problems associated with aircraft maintenance, determines causes and methods of repair. Interprets technical manuals, blueprints, schematic diagrams, written and verbal information. Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, flight controls and adjusts rigging as required. Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
• Travels on road trips as required, and is able to work unsupervised and handle any technical problem that may occur.
• May perform duties as a delegated inspector for the repair station.
• Finalizes all paperwork and turns in work order for closing. May be required to prepare “Release of Aircraft” form on assigned aircraft.
Relocation Provided: Yes
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
High school diploma or equivalent. Valid FAA-authorized Airframe and Powerplant License. Must be appropriately certificated in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65.
A minimum of five years experience as an A&P mechanic in the corporate aviation industry. Three years Hawker maintenance experience required.
Previous experience leading a team or projects preferred.
Well-developed organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
Must be able to walk, bend, stretch, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.
Must be able to see to read technical material and visually inspect aircraft and indicators.
Must be able to manipulate power tools, hand tools, and office equipment.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)