Lead A&P Technician - CRT
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Dallas Service Centre is centrally located at Love Field Airport, and is the home of the Service Center Network headquarters. With its dedicated staff of over 110, the facility features 100,000 sq ft of space and is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled heavy maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Canada, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico and South Africa.
The Base Customer Response Team (CRT) Lead A&P Technician will travel to customers’ aircraft to perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of customers’ aircraft. Performs and documents all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Working conditions include considerable travel, which may include international and extended assignments, with frequent face to face contact with customers. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned maintenance may be required.
In your role, you will:
• Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
• Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
• Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
• Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
• Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
• Assist in other maintenance disciplines – Avionics, Structures, Composites etc.
• Operate ground support equipment as required
• Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
• Provide time estimates
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Create service orders with SAP
• Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations
• Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts
As our ideal candidate:
• You have an A&P Certificate
• You typically have a minimum of 8 years of aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
• You typically have a minimum of 5 years’ experience on corporate jet aircraft
• You typically have a minimum of 3 years’ Bombardier aircraft model experience
• You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
• You have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status with customers at all levels
• You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
• You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
• You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
• You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with 2 hours’ notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers
• You must have a valid drivers’ license and be able to maintain insurable status
• You have the ability to work unsupervised and alone
• You have strong troubleshooting skills
• You have the ability to obtain appropriate certification for Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
• You possess a valid passport with the ability to travel internationally
• You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
• You have the ability to obtain a Bombardier Corporate Credit Card and stay in good standing of guideline requirements
• You have basic PC Skills
• You have an FCC Certificate, GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate
• You have previous experience in Customer Relations with emphasis on face to face contact with customers
• You have the ability to train other employees
• You have demonstrated leadership skills
• You have strong planning / organization skills
• You are Delegated Inspector qualified
• You have experience with aircraft return to service and inspection procedure
• You have the ability to become Engine Run & Taxi qualified on Bombardier Aircraft
• You are APU Run qualified on Bombardier Aircraft
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC