Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Jet Aviation Staffing •
- Directly responsible to the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance for the operation he/she is assigned. And will be the first line of supervision for their crew members.
- Assure all work accomplished by his/her crew is in accordance with the Company manuals and applicable FARs.
- Lead, direct and give on the job training to maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that proper equipment and safety practices are being used.
- Coordinates daily maintenance tasks and events with crew members.
- Will evaluate each aircraft that is in work and will assign the proper manpower to each aircraft daily. This is to insure we are driving the inspection to meet the Return to Service dates set for each aircraft.
- Will insure all parts, tooling and outside services has been ordered and or scheduled and insures it will arrive in enough time to meet the Return to Service date set for the aircraft.
- Will schedule aircraft cleanings at the end of each scheduled inspection to insure each aircraft is ready for revenue service once it has been Returned to Service.
- Will communicate all Return to Service adjustments to the Manager of Maintenance and Maintenance Control.
- Will communicate with Maintenance Control on a case by case basis when the need arises to work unscheduled aircraft.
- Assure that the work area and equipment used by his/her crew is adequate and kept in a clean and orderly condition and that all safety instructions are followed.
- Responsible to review work packages and confirm all items in the work package are signed off properly by the floor technicians.
- Work closely with the inspection department to insure all RII and CAT1 inspection procedures are being followed.
- Understand and follow procedures out of the aircraft manufacturer maintenance manuals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance or higher authority.
- Have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must hold a current Airframe and/or Powerplant Certificate.
- Must be knowledgeable of the FAR’s.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions unsupervised at any time.
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly and stand for long periods of time.
- Must own and provide a minimum set of tools.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)