Lead Maintenance Inspector
Jet East, A Gama Aviation Company •
Lead Maintenance Inspectors reports to the Regional Quality Director. The main purpose of the Lead Maintenance Inspectors is the performance of operational quality control tasks to ensure adherence to the policies and procedures in the Gama Aviation Engineering Inc. Repair Station & Quality Control Manual, Customer Maintenance Programs, and Federal Aviation Regulations.
The Lead Maintenance Inspector is responsible for:
- Review technician assignments and sign offs to ensure technician adherence to Roster Authorizations and Repair Station Authorizations.
- Perform front line, spot checks of technician maintenance activity to ensure adherence to AMM, RSQCM, and customer GMM guidelines. Including but not limited to:
- Ensure all Repair Station RQC and Operators RII requirements are properly identified, inspected and documented.
- Engine run/taxi qualification of techs assigned to run engines/taxi
- Verification of satisfactory squawk completion
- Verification of operational checks
- Spot check verification of tech proficiency
- Verification of communication with tech support
- Ensure customer MEL “M” procedures have been complied with, with respect to the maintenance performed.
- Ensure MEL verification procedures as outlined in MQB 2018-02 Rev 1 are adhered to.
- Perform aircraft final walk-around and release, with particular attention payed to areas disturbed during maintenance. The Lead Maintenance Inspector will advise the customer via email that the aircraft has been released from Gama’s custody.
- Ensure that appropriate and current Technical Data is used. (i.e. Manufacturers&39; Maintenance and Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, Part or Component Specifications, etc.)
- Ensure that the Policies and Procedures outlined in the Gama RSQCM are followed. Ensure the proper tagging, inspection, and identification of parts and components as outlined in this manual. These inspections are to be carried out in real time coordination with maintenance activities.
- Ensure that distributed customer requests are being carried out in the manner that is expected of Gama. This includes but is not limited to:
- Verifying proper tech support is involved
- Verifying tech support is mentioned in Corridor corrective actions
- Verifying MX Net status of projects
- Verifying MX Net updates
- Spot check of Ramp App usage
- Perform the functions authorized on the Repair Station Roster.
- Reject items and work found to be non-compliant with the Gama Aviation Engineering Inc. Repair Station & Quality Control Manual, Customer Maintenance Programs, and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Reject incomplete or improperly completed work which is submitted for return to service consideration.
- Hold the release of an aircraft by extending the RTS line if unsatisfactory conditions are identified that would lead to a quality escape.
- Reject corrective actions with respect to Quality issues.
The Lead Maintenance Inspectors must:
- Hold a current FAA Airframe, Powerplant, or Airframe and Powerplant Certificate or Repairman Certificate.
- Must possess the training or knowledge and experience in the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations authorized by the repair station certificate and operations specifications to ensure all work is performed in accordance with part 43.
- Know the policies and procedures outlined in the Gama Aviation Engineering Inc. Repair Station & Quality Control Manual.
- Be familiar with customer policies, procedures, and GMM
- Be familiar with appropriate parts of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Be familiar with the Ratings that the repair station is authorized to perform, as listed in the Gama Aviation Engineering Inc. Operations Specifications.
- Understand, read, and write English.
- Be proficient in using the various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for the article being inspected.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)