Avmax is looking to expand its workforce in Great Falls, MT. If you have the necessary experience and motivation to become a part of our team, please apply at www.avmax.com or email your resume to Kelley.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lead Technician (Maintenance) position reports directly to the Project Managers and Production Manager.
Key Performance Indicators / Duties & Responsibilities:
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication
- Team Work
- Assign and schedule tasks to technicians based on skill set, as directed by the Project Manager and in accordance with Avmax’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor workers allocated to his/her control and provide clear on the job instructions.
- Provide On-The-Job training, orientation and direction to apprentices and technicians. May delegate this function to qualified technicians.
- Execute the project plan for your area of expertise as provided by the Project Manager.
- Manage the work scope for your area of expertise within the project budget as set out by the Project Manager.
- Review work cards for your area of expertise and ensure that the Work Package reflects the actual status of the project.
- Carry out tasks on the aircraft when all other Lead Technician duties are accomplished.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the technicians on the crew.
- Ensure all partial work documentation is completed. The documentation should allow the status of a work card to “stand alone” without relying on other means (example; post-it notes, etc.). Partial work documentation includes continuation sheets, service bulletins used as continuation sheets, shift turnover reports, etc.
- Verify daily time cards.
- Responsible to ensure that crew members are billing their time to projects appropriately and that all time is accounted for.
- Responsible to ensure crew members are working productively throughout the duration of their shift.
- Responsible to ensure crew members follow Avmax’s policies and procedures including evaluating the quality of work with his/her team. Make certain his/her team members comply with Avmax’s safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure equipment being used to perform required tasks is acceptable, serviceable and handled in a safety conscious manner
- Responsible to ensure work environment is safe and clean, and maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Administer performance reviews, salary recommendations, and corrective progressive discipline of assigned crew.
- Review and be fully familiarized with all aspects of the Avmax RSQCM and Training Manual. Compliance with both manual’s policies and procedures is mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with other individuals throughout the organization.
- Promote company values, vision, and mission.
- Attend training courses as directed by company management.
- Continuous Improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrated capability and competency in field of expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other individuals throughout the organization.
- Possesses strong fundamental aircraft knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work with predictive budgets.
- Demonstrated capability in managing others.
- Must be certificated under 14 CFR Part 65 for the work being supervised
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the field.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee will be required to;
Avmax offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as life insurance, a matching 401K plan, Vacation and Flex Time.
- Occasionally lift 50 pounds
- Climb ladders
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Work at heights of greater than 10 feet utilizing fall restraint equipment as necessary.
Avmax is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin or sexual orientation. Avmax is a drug free work environment and participates in pre-employment and random alcohol and/or drug screening.
Avmax thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.