Lead Mechanical Systems Engineer
Lockheed Martin •
Description:Do you want the chance to re-think conventional wisdom and offer fresh, ground-breaking ideas?LM has new opportunities that provide you with a chance to challenge the status quo and experiment with new digital tools and emerging technologies that transform our mission. Due to the classified nature of this opportunity we can’t talk about everything you’ll do on this program, but know that you will play a part in building end-to-end solutions and game-changing technology.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dedicated Lead Mechanical Systems Engineer to join the team in Denver, Colorado. This is a "Ground floor" opportunity on a new program award on a rapid track to success and is a flagship program leveraging LM Space MBSE, MBE, and Digital Enterprise initiatives. As a Lead Mechanical Systems Engineer, you will serve as a key interface between the design, systems engineering, and Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) teams.
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for development of mechanical interfaces, ICDs, and integration of payload, communications and bus subsystems.
• Provide independent review and cross-program coordination to ensure subsystem designs are mechanically compatible
• Support Space Vehicle test activities in space vehicle factory and at Launch Site• Drive anomaly investigations to closure
• Perform data reviews and provide feedback to program teams
• Engage in travel and off-shift support
• Find opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience designing and developing spacecraft mechanical interfaces and ICDs • Skilled in use of Creo/Creo solid modeling • Experience integrating payload, communications, and bus subsystems • Knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions • Current TS security clearance
• Experience with structures, mechanisms, propulsion systems and cable harness design & integration• 7+ years with spacecraft/missile design, development, integration, or test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical structures or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied• Model-based, structured system engineering experience with demonstrated success in lean, start-up, technically challenging programs • Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority• Masters Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers• Active TS/SCI clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $102,400 - $170,600 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)