Lead Transport Aircraft Mechanic (King Air A&P)
Lead, direct and coordinate maintenance repairs and modification to aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, King Air (C-12).
- Schedules work programs; sets time tables, measures progress and redirect efforts as necessary.
- Assures the quality of all workmanship is in compliance with all applicable directives.
- Performs organizational and intermediate level maintenance on Army C-12 (Beechcraft 200/1900) and /or UC-35 (Citation V Ultra/Encore) aircraft.
- Responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying aircraft systems to ensure continued airworthiness on avionics & electrical systems, environmental systems, engines, flight controls and airframe components.
- Performs repairs using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs servicing, troubleshooting and repairs on aviation ground support equipment.Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
- Applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience & Education
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The candidate must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike
- Must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent 5 years’ experience on Army C-12 (Beechcraft 200/1900) and /or UC-35 (Citation V Ultra/Encore) aircraft is preferred
- Knowledge of the use of aircraft hand tools, special tools, and test equipment is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and know how to operate portable firefighting equipment.
- The ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications are required.
- Must possess an FAA A&P certificate.Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flight line driver’s license
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside
- Must be physically able to deploy with unit aircraft to overseas locations
Must be physically able to deploy with unit aircra
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC