This position is responsible for the technical guidance, coordination and delegation of assignments to technicians assigned to the aircraft. Serves in lieu of the Crew Chief during his absences. May be delegated as an Airframe and Powerplant Inspector.
- Helps crew members improve their skills, builds trust and promotes teamwork with the maintenance crew(s). Responsible for technical guidance of technicians assigned to the aircraft. Ensures technicians are aware of standard man hours on assigned tasks. Is technically competent on assigned aircraft and is capable of providing on-the-job training to other maintenance technicians when required. Keeps Crew Chief informed as to the progress of the job and any unusual or delaying findings.
- Upon arrival of aircraft, makes sure that it is properly placed in the hangar, it is properly protected, that the customer’s property is removed and secured and that an incoming inspection of the aircraft is performed. Coordinates all work on the aircraft with members of Airframe Group and other departments.
- Maintains and services aircraft. Analyzes a variety of technical problems associated with aircraft maintenance, determines causes and methods of repair. Interprets technical manuals, blueprints, schematic diagrams, written and verbal information. Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, flight controls and adjusts rigging as required. Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
- Finalizes all paperwork and turns in work order for closing. May be required to prepare “Release of Aircraft” form on assigned aircraft.
- Is committed to the highest level of ethical conduct, promotes the use of safety equipment and ensures a safe working environment.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Hold an FAA Airframe & Powerplant Technician’s license.
- Must have factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or have a minimum of five years corporate aircraft maintenance experience. Hawker experience required.
- Must have a history of demonstrating high levels of initiative in completing all job assignments; clearly following directions and promoting teamwork within the department.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stretch and climb ladders to access airplane.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboard and telephone.
- Speak and write clearly to communicate and document status of maintenance.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.