MIG/TIG Welders / Assemblers: 36746
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring MIG/TIG Welders / Assemblers in West Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Under the direction of the Mechanical Assembler Supervisor, The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for all aspects of assembling complex industrial fabricated equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assemble a variety of sub-assemblies, bench and floor assignments.
- Mount mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic auxiliaries and controls.
- Construct a wide variety of structural steel and sheet metal products of complex design and form such as ducts, transitions, elbows, tanks, machine guards and pipe.
- Lay out sheets to secure desired form and fit with the most economical use of material.
- Set up and operates all types of sheet metal working equipment.
- Tacks, welds and cuts all types of steel.
- Rigs, high lifts and positions equipment and sub-assemblies using overhead cranes and forklift trucks
- Mark up prints – red line – and return to Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Assembly skills must include proficiency in and the ability to perform, in any position, the following metal assembly procedures: 1) MIG welding (stainless and carbon steel), 2) TIG welding, 3) Stick welding, 4) Plasma cutting, and 5) Torch/flame cutting.
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to record and log information accurately.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a very fast paced, sometimes stressful environment and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in verbal, written, or diagram form.
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate or GED. Technical Certification in related field preferred.
- Related work experience in a Manufacturing environment, 4 + years of exposure in mechanical assembly.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)