Doncasters Precision Castings, Groton, CT is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.
With a minimum of supervision, responsible for the effective troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of a variety of production and or support equipment. This may involve any of a number of trades including, but not limited to, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fabrication, etc. Provide technical support as necessary for other maintenance personnel. Strong emphasis on welding and fabrication.
Competencies and Behaviors
- Intimate knowledge of the vacuum casting furnace – the heart of the foundry operation – and other significant production equipment including wax injectors, robots, ovens, vacuum pumps, heat treat furnaces, etc.
- Work with operators to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment including the vacuum melt furnace. Diagnose such equipment to the component level.
- Formulate the repair of the above determined problems with an eye toward safety, minimizing downtime, work quality, etc.
- Serve as an example to and work with other maintenance personnel to provide support and help to expand the technical capabilities of coworkers.
- Work directly with research and development engineers to develop the physical equipment for new or improved processes.
- Customer focus
- Action orientated
- Plans and aligns
- Ensures accountability
- Drives results
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
Call 860.446.4857 for more info.
Job Ident #: