Maintenance Control & Support Specialist- Greenwood Village, CO
Air Methods Corporation •
To serve as a maintenance controller for aircraft maintenance being performed on Air Methods aircraft. Monitor the MEL program on a continuous basis to ensure parts and resources are made available for corrective actions in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Control fleet status through the use of maintenance releases and the fleet status monitoring system (411)
• Review maintenance documentation for Scheduled Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, and Unscheduled Maintenance prior to maintenance release; maintenance documents associated with major repairs and alterations
• Monitor all open MEL deferrals and ensure they are cleared or extended in accordance with manual procedures
• Responsible for reporting irregularities or making suggestions to avoid potential maintenance delays or increased operating costs
• Communicate maintenance procedures or policy changes to field personnel; notify the field of Emergency Airworthiness Directives (EAD) as necessary
• Advise the 135 Fleet Maintenance Manager of any maintenance problem that have airworthiness implications and/or involve significant aircraft OOS time or operating costs
• Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the companys Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A&P / A&P IA preferred
• Five years turbine powered rotorcraft maintenance and/or avionics experience preferred.
• Experience reading and understanding aircraft maintenance manuals
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work respectfully and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to function in a high stress work environment
• Intermediate with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)