Basic Function Summary
To serve as a maintenance controller for aircraft maintenance being performed on Apollo Med Flight owned aircraft. Monitor the MEL program on a continuous basis, provide technical support to field technicians, communicate with regional leads and the maintenance director to ensure regulatory compliance are in line with FAA and company policy.
This is a night shift position.
$20,000 SIGN-ON / RETENTION BONUS!
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Control fleet status through the use of maintenance releases and the fleet status monitoring system. (Flight Docs and CompleteFlight.)
- Review maintenance documentation for Scheduled Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, and Unscheduled Maintenance prior to maintenance release; maintenance documents associated with major repairs and alterations.
- Monitor all open MEL deferrals and ensure they are cleared or extended in accordance with manual procedures.
- Advise the 135 Fleet Maintenance Manager of any maintenance problem that have airworthiness implications and/or involve significant aircraft OOS time or operating costs.
- Actively participates in the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review work performed to verify proper paperwork and applications.
- File/scan and maintain aircraft permanent records.
- Check inventory for proper allocation of installed parts.
- Some shipping and receiving when needed.