FlightWorks, Inc. is growing, and we are seeking an experienced Maintenance Controller/Maintenance Technician to join our team for a high-volume full-time Part 91 and 135 opportunity based in Kennesaw, Georgia.
The responsibilities consist of any and all tasks generally recognized as, but not limited to, a mechanic's work on or in reference to aircraft, its component parts and related equipment performed at line stations, major stations and shops. Mechanic/Technicians may be required to inspect and test systems, component parts used in their work and sign for the work performed. Must be capable of performing their work satisfactorily to our company standards. Sensitive material or subject matter may be discussed in your presence. Strict confidentiality must be adhered to. Mechanics/technicians may be required to instruct less experienced employees.
FlightWorks is not your typical aircraft management company. Our core values focus on Safety, Compliance and Service. As an example, all of our flight crews receive real prospective duty and rest assignments every duty day. We do not believe in the 24/7/365 on-call scheduling that so many other companies offer. Safety and FAA compliance are our top priorities, with exceptional service being a close second! Please see below for more details on our benefits package.
- Maintaining the many different types of aircraft operated by the company, in accordance with current FAA regulations, manufacturer's maintenance manuals, FlightWorks General Operations Manual (GOM) and FlightWorks General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
- Maintain adequate tools necessary to perform all tasks on aircraft. The company will supply aircraft specific specialty tools.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. This includes cleaning up after completion of a job and general housekeeping of hangar, shop, and office areas.
- Completing all required documentation in accordance with current FAA regulations, FlightWorks General Operations Manual (GOM), and FlightWorks General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
- Communicating aircraft discrepancy information, aircraft status, and changes in a timely manner to direct supervisor.
- Performs all maintenance and repairs on aircraft for which s/he is assigned and qualified.
- Approves aircraft for return to service after scheduled or unscheduled maintenance for which s/he is authorized and qualified.
- Returns all equipment and tools checked out at end of work shift and reposition equipment in assigned area after use.
- Reports all inoperative or faulty equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor in charge.
- Performs duties of Maintenance Coordinator as qualified when assigned to that position by an authorized person.
- Completes all paperwork for the maintenance s/he performs.
- Assures that hangar workshops, and other areas assigned are maintained in an orderly manner.
- Will have adequate tools to perform work.
Because FlightWorks cares about the health and well-being of our employees and their families, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
Time Away From Work
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical and dental insurance
- Prescription drug plan
- Vision care plan
- Healthcare Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic life and accidental death insurance, with optional elective coverage
- Optional spouse and dependent life insurance
- Short-term disability coverage and basic long-term disability insurance, with optional “buy-up” coverage.
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay (qualified employees)