GoJet Airlines •
GoJet Airlines is a premier regional airline operating on behalf of United Airlines. GoJet has a reputation for excellence in the regional airline industry, thanks to the outstanding efforts put forth each day by our exceptional team. Each day, our people demonstrate our unwavering commitment to providing safe, reliable and on-time air transportation, and to delivering the highest standards in professionalism and customer service. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make GoJet a place where people want to build long-term careers. We believe that talented employees should be rewarded, and we promote from within whenever possible. GoJet offers an outstanding benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan, and airline travel benefits.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Key Attributes for a Maintenance Controller:
- Hold a mechanic certification with Airframe and Powerplant ratings
- Two (2) years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Required to relocate to the St. Louis, Missouri area
- Significant CRJ 700/900 troubleshooting experience preferred
The Maintenance Controller must be a self-motivated person dedicated to serving others. The successful candidate will be an individual who has a proven track record as an employee willing to go above and beyond on behalf of the company and co-workers. A professional appearance and demeanor is a must at all times. This individual must be a self-starter, who can juggle the many demands and keep maintenance operations running in an efficient manner. A working knowledge of GoJet maintenance procedures and ability to navigate the Microsoft Office Suite, is required along with good written and verbal communication skills. The Maintenance Controller must be able to cope with conflicting points of view, function under pressure, and demonstrate discretion, integrity, helpfulness, while maintaining a friendly personality. The Maintenance Controller is considered an expert in their field. One should possess significant or expert knowledge in the systems, operations, and troubleshooting of the CRJ700/900 aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Controller reports to the Maintenance Control Supervisor and is responsible for:
- Coordinating with Flight Control, Dispatch, Line Station Maintenance, Maintenance Control Supervisor, and other technical services required to support maintenance operations.
- Maintaining a current operating status of all aircraft.
- Monitoring status of aircraft undergoing maintenance repair and advising flight operations of status and authorizes the robbing of parts.
- Coordinating with stores to ensure expeditious movement of parts to support Maintenance.
- Facilities and Contract Agencies.
- Coordinating with Flight Control/Dispatch on all aircraft routing and any changes required to scheduled flights or when aircraft is unable to make a flight at RVSM altitudes.
- Notifying the Chief Inspector of any aircraft that returns to field, aborts a takeoff, has an unscheduled landing, reporting altitude keeping errors for RVSM, or declares an emergency.
- Authorizing DMI, CDL, NEF, and carryover items. Maintain the aircraft DMI, CDL, NEF, and carryover status reports ensuring information regarding parts, troubleshooting and equipment is provided to necessary departments for quick correction.
- Monitoring and record all aircraft mechanical interruptions to the flight schedule.
- Completing of necessary forms to obtain approval for MEL extensions, short-term escalations and obtain appropriate approval(s).
- Obtaining required approvals and completion of ferry flight authorization forms.
- Ensuring aircraft, which are being repaired at outstations, have appropriate rated inspectors available for RII items.
- Monitoring LC-1, LC-2 and Short-Term ADs inspection compliance schedule.
- Ensuring ODM agencies utilized are on the ODM list and that the individual on-demand mechanic is specifically trained on the ODM list.
- Completing on-demand maintenance log form MX-040. If on paper, forward copies to Maintenance Control Manager.
- Providing guidance for ODM personnel who make a record(s) of maintenance performed into the aircraft maintenance log in accordance with GMM Chapter 3. (GMM1 3-1.8.B)
- To have in their possession the appropriate and current certificate for which they are exercising the privileges.
- Performing the Maintenance Log Recording requirement.
- Maintaining damage evaluation program files MX-044.
- Maintaining compass compensation “Compass Swing” records.
- Perform special task control over maintenance requirements of less than one month and 200 flight cycles or less.
- Track repetitive tasks with intervals of less than a month, or 200 Flight hours/cycles, and ensure the previous compliance times are loaded correctly into Sabre prior to the first flight of the day.
- Adhere to Professional Standards.
- General administrative duties are also part of the role and prioritized time management will be crucial.
Included in position but not limited to:
Job Description Disclaimer:
- General administrative duties are also part of the role and prioritized time management will be crucial
- Must possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Must have an outstanding attendance record in present position
- Must have an above average performance in present position
- Must be someone with a high level of motivation
- Must be someone with dedication and a high level of motivation. Must be able to function independently and think outside the box
- Must be able to work efficiently in stressful situations meeting deadline
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must be able to read and comprehend moderately complex technical material well enough to recognize and correct errors
- Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task; be flexible and adaptable as deadlines shift and work from many work areas
- Must be able to interact with management and customers in a professional manner
- Must be able to anticipate upcoming needs on recurrent tasks
- Must be able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Must be able to generate and maintain accurate records and action summaries
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Any exceptions to the able most be approved by the Interviewing Manager
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)