Who we are
CommutAir is a regional airline operating flights on behalf of United Airlines as United Express. With our fleet of Embraer 145 aircraft, we operate up to 195 daily flights, connecting people and communities to the world via United's global network. Headquartered in Cleveland, we have hubs in Denver, Houston, Washington Dulles, and Newark, with a maintenance base in Albany, New York, and Lincoln, Nebraska. We are looking for individuals to join our 1,200 diverse professionals who work together to solve each day's unique challenges.
What we do
Our purpose is to connect people and communities to the world. Our work has an impact on people’s lives, and we do what it takes to get the job done. We are guided and grounded by our core4 values: safe, caring, dependable, and efficient. From the flight deck to the finance team, and everyone in between, it takes a coordinated effort to keep our operation running smoothly.
Why work with us?
When you join the CommutAir family, you unlock a whole suite of perks, including:
What the position is
- Flight benefits for you and your family
- Monthly performance bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid sick and vacation time401(k) with company match
- Support when you need it most. CommutAir Cares, our non-profit organization, provides emergency financial assistance to employees during extreme hardship
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and efficiently directs all line and/or heavy maintenance activity on company aircraft, support equipment, and facilities.
- Supervises the implementation of long and short-range planning for either Line or Heavy maintenance planning, programs, objectives, and policies.
- Implements procedures for maintaining high standards of Line or Heavy aircraft maintenance operations to ensure aircraft conform to all FAA, CommutAir Maintenance Program, and manufacturers’ quality standards.
- Manage headcount requirements as determined by Line or Heavy Maintenance Manager.
- Assist Line or Heavy Maintenance Manager in the management of maintenance operations annual budget for his location.
- Identify, develop, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost, rework and scrap at his location.
- Supervise and monitor either Line or Heavy maintenance at his location to ensure goals of the Maintenance Operations organization's annual plan are on target.
- Act as a liaison for his location between internal and external department leaders to ensure proper communications of decisions and policy changes that affect their performance and results.
- Train, develop, and evaluate employees at his location. Take corrective actions as necessary in a timely manner within company policy to address any deficiencies in performance. Ensure compliance with all current federal, state, local, and company labor requirements.
- Coordinate the implementation of facility projects (e.g. Hangar/Shop layouts, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned