The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and efficiently directs all line and/or heavy maintenance activity on company aircraft, support equipment and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the implementation of long and short range planning for either Line or Heavy maintenance planning, programs, objectives and policies.
- Implements procedures for maintaining high standards of Line or Heavy aircraft maintenance operations to ensure aircraft conform to all FAA, CommutAir Maintenance Program and manufacturers’ quality standards.
- Manage to headcount requirements as determined by Line or Heavy Maintenance Manager.
- Assist Line or Heavy Maintenance Manager in the management of maintenance operations annual budget for his location.
- Identify, develop, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost, rework and scrap at his location.Supervise and monitor either Line or Heavy maintenance at his location to ensure goals of the Maintenance Operations organization annual plan are on target.
- Act as a liaison for his location between internal and external department leaders to ensure proper communications of decisions and policy changes that effect their performance and results.
- Train, develop and evaluate employees at his location. Take corrective actions as necessary in a timely manner within company policy to address any deficiencies in performance. Ensure compliance with all current federal, state, local and company labor requirements.
- Coordinate the implementation of facility projects (e.g. Hangar/Shop layouts, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Aviation, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline desired.
- 2+ years of experience in aviation management or 4+ years of aviation management experience with no BA/BS degree as stated above.
- Preferred experience is with an airline or aircraft MRO with responsibilities for leading a workforce of 25+ employees.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Valid Passport and Driver’s license in good standing
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification
- Experienced in the Coaching and Counseling Process
- Proven record of team building and development of assigned technicians
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC