Maintenance Technical Training Supervisor
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time; days and hours vary
• Reports To: Manger of Maintenance Training
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Direct Reports: 8
• Travel: Up to 50% travel required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Training Supervisor impacts PSA’s growth and the training program by supervising all maintenance technical training personnel and ensuring that all classroom instruction is done timely and correctly.
• Provide direct supervision of the Maintenance Training Technical Trainers at all stations (currently CLT, CVG, DAY, and ORF.
• Schedule the TTs in such a manner that adequate coverage is provided.
• Prepare written and verbal reports to Maintenance Training Manager.
• Ascertain that all necessary training records are properly executed by the responsible TT.
• Account for the performance of assigned personnel.
• Maintain liaison with Maintenance, Maintenance Planning and other departments to support training requirements.
• Ensure TTs are trained on the proper teaching methods use of all office equipment, virtual training devices, test equipment, etc.
• Ensure adequate resources are available to the Maintenance Training Staff for required tasks.
• Ensure that equipment, classrooms, and work areas are kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Deliver briefings to ensure team is well informed and creating opportunity for open dialogue.
• Assist and support the Maintenance Training Manager in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that decisions made and actions taken are in the best interest of PSA in all matters relating to aircraft Maintenance Reliability and Training.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, practices, procedures, processes and methods required by the PSA GMM and other PSA technical data, directives and instructions.
• Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Training Manager.