Maintenance Toolmakers: RPO 1
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Toolmakers for Harley-Davidson in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787. Interested? Apply now on this page. Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Assist in development and maintaining of the preventative maintenance (PM) system for injection molding dies, fixtures and end of arm tools.
- Responsible for performing PMs on injection molding molds, fixtures and end of arm tools.
- Responsible for mold repairs. This includes repairs performed in house as well as managing mold repairs performed at outside tool shops. Maintenance Toolmaker will also schedule, provide input, manage and place order forms for outside mold repairs.
- Provide input in the design and build of injection molding molds.
- Provide service to engineers for mold and tool modifications as necessary. May include building of new mold components.
- Proficient in operating and inspecting the overhead crane and all other equipment associated with servicing injection molding molds.
- Provide input and development of mold tooling standards on new and existing molds.
- Will provide lead time and coordinate down time of molds and tools with manufacturing.
- Coordinate through purchasing, the stocking, ordering and maintaining necessary of tools in the mold maintenance area.
- Coordinate through purchasing, the stocking and ordering of necessary components and materials for mold repair, mold component building and preventative maintenance items for injection molding molds and end of arm tooling.
- Assist in justifying new mold repair equipment and tools.
- Assist in development and maintaining of work instructions for the mold maintenance area to include mold specific cleaning, mold maintenance, mold repair equipment operation, preventative maintenance of injection molding molds and end of arm tooling etc….
- Assist with training PT2/Set-up Techs and other personnel in basic die cleaning and storage requirements between and during production runs.
- Assist with training PT2/Set-up Techs and other personnel on daily operation and maintenance of injection molds, fixtures and end of arm tools.
- Assist in training of other personnel in the safe operation of mold handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Keep all personnel informed of repair and PM status of injection molding molds fixtures, end of arm tooling and any related projects.
- Work with other resources to troubleshoot molding process, equipment or tooling issues, which may include maintenance, operators, engineers, etc…
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an injection molding mold and end of arm tooling tracking and history system.
- Insure all documentation is updated and current on molding molds, fixtures, end of arm tooling and related projects (example: history documents, PM work instructions, shipping requests, bank requests, tool critique sheets etc…).
- Coordinate with tool suppliers and monitor spare parts required in house and spare parts that will be stocked by the tool supplier.
- Other duties in relation to injection molding.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)