Maintenance Training Specialist
Commercial Jet •
The incumbent will be instrumental to the Company’s training and safety endeavors, assisting the Director of Quality and Safety.
Reports to Director Quality and Safety. Will facilitate maintenance training and identify problem areas and provide clarification or training to personnel due to non-compliance. Aggressively follow up to ensure responses are complete and effective to preclude recurrences. Responsible to audit activity files and
ensures that substantiating documents are prepared and maintained. Represents the company during the course of outside agency or customer audits, explain the
RSM and provide answers to inquiries, as well as prepare written responses to findings. Required to take timely and proactive steps to improve safety in the
work place. Conducts training presentations and act as subject matter expert regarding quality assurance and regulatory compliance issues. Develops policies
and procedures and makes recommendations for process improvements.
Manage the company maintenance training program.Ensures compliance with the company’s FAA approved training program and training manual.Provide recommendations for TPM revisions to the Director – Quality and Safety.Develop and maintain training curriculum and materials suitable for presentation in formal classroom, CBT, OJT or other appropriate mediums.Maintain training records for personnel.Coordinate with various members of the organization to identify and develop training for active and contractor personnel.Develop Training schedules and personnel listing for required and elective training activities.Prepare timely and relevant Maintenance Training Bulletins.Actively support the company safety program and initiatives.Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED. Undergraduate studies preferred.
Minimum of five years work experience performing training, curriculum design,
and presentation of aviation related topics (technical, policies and
procedures, and safety). Current A & P License required, working knowledge
of 14 CFR Part 145 and part 121 operations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is passionate about transferring knowledge to others.
- Is able to engage with learners, keeping them focused and interested so as to maximize their retention of what is being taught.
- Knowledge of maintenance operations involving transport category aircraft.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prepare reports, correspondence, training and procedural documents suitable for various audiences.
- Must be able to communicate with different levels of management, domestic and foreign regulatory officials, and customer representatives.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks, departmental projects, and resources are required.
- Ability to develop training deliverables in compliance with FAA and organizational objectives.
- Must be able to perform these tasks without supervision and make recommendations to management on execution of the training.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point in order to develop reports, correspondence, memos and presentations
- Familiarity with CBT applications for training and testing purposes
- Must pass a TSA background check for AOA access and substance abuse screenings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for AOA driving authorization
Job Ident #: