Manager of Heavy MX & Induction Planner
Allegiant Air •
The Heavy Maintenance Planner is responsible for forecasting & scheduling short-term & long-term aircraft fleet maintenance with emphasis on heavy checks and new aircraft inductions, coordinating with the appropriate departments for the accomplishment of that work in accordance with the maintenance program established per FAR 121.367. In addition, the position develops and maintains the plans needed to accurately forecast long-range maintenance activities for the Allegiant Air aircraft fleet. This position is also responsible for preparing work orders for heavy maintenance aircraft visits including C Checks, S Checks and Drop-In Special Visits. Additional essential duties include the ability to create new policies and procedures to enhance the established processes.
Minimum RequirementsCombination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Other: High School diploma or equivalent
Certification Other: Airframe & Powerplant Certification
Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years aircraft maintenance planning; Heavy maintenance planning experience
Sponsorship is not available for this position
• Knowledge of and ability to understand and research AD’s, IPC’s, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulleting, Standard Practice Manuals, etc.
• Knowledge of and ability to research and audit aircraft records and maintenance check packages
• Ability to locate, understand and extract pertinent information from AIS
• Ability to interface with multiple Airframe Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facilities and track maintenance check progress/status
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to process analytical routing information
• Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members in other departments.
• Must have experience, knowledge, and understanding of aviation safety standards, safe operating standards, Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s) maintenance and airworthiness requirements for air carriers.
• Develop and maintain a forward-looking five-year long-range heavy maintenance plan for scheduled maintenance visits
• Monitor and track the progress and performance of the heavy maintenance plan, identify problem areas and initiate recommendations for corrective actions
• Prepare post check review meetings and develop vendor scorecards to track vendor performance
• Plan and schedule all special project work from all departments internal to Maintenance & Engineering and internal to Allegiant Air
• Plan and schedule the production workload including, but not limited to, maintenance inspections, time controlled component removals and deferred maintenance items
• Determine the optimal opportunity for accomplishing engineering directives and plan and schedule accordingly
• Ensure parts and material are ordered and routed to the work location to support the planned workload
• Build and review work orders for scheduled heavy maintenance, aircraft inductions and other special projects
• ENHANCED FUNCTIONS:
• Assist the Director Aircraft Induction &Heavy Maintenance in the preparation of annual heavy maintenance and aircraft induction budgets by reviewing past maintenance program changes and expenditures. Analyze future needs; tracks expenditures and ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines.
• Develop routine and non-routine hours, span time and material standards for all scheduled tasks.
• Develop capacity, manpower and cost models for line maintenance
• Establishment of Maintenance Planning goals and objectives.
• Develop a variety of reports relating to Maintenance Planning & Scheduling activities
• Interface with our heavy maintenance vendor.
• Ensure pre and post check meetings are restructured for program review and accountability and that lessons learned are incorporated into future work.
• Create a process and procedure for delivering work packages to the MRO for all scheduled maintenance events
• Coordinate with Maintenance Control and Dispatch on routing requirements for maintenance
• Approve additions to deletions to Heave Check work scope
• Coordinate the RFP process when developing new Heavy Check Maintenance Contracts
• Facilitate Heavy Check Quarterly Performance Reviews with MRO’s
• Create and update Heavy Maintenance forecast for all Allegiant Air Aircraft
• Monitor the fluctuating A/C total times, cycles and hard dates for each fleet and optimize the Heavy Check/Induction schedule to account for all fluctuations
• Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director, Aircraft Induction, Heavy Maintenance and Technical Services.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information see Allegiant.com/careers
Job Ident #:
Allegiant Travel Company