- Must have the ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- Must have 1+ years of experience reading and understanding engineering drawings and schematics.
- Must have 1+ years of experience working with precision measuring tools.
- Must have 1+ years of experience with fabrication and/or assembly of mechanical or electrical systems utilizing production industry standards.
- Must have 1+ years of experience with machine shop processes.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities data needed for defining delivery configurations (e.g., design definition, program directives, and engineering drawings, change memos, wiring diagrams and schematics, functional tests, supplier data).
- Ability to differentiate production (manufacturing) processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements.
- Participates in the evaluation and qualification of materials, suppliers, equipment, technology and processes to ensure that conformance and production requirements are met.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team’s energy and expertise to achieve a common objective.
- Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team Knowledge of the properties of metal and other common materials
- Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
Typical Education / Experience:
High School Diploma/ GED
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.