Mechanical Engineer (entry level)
Lockheed Martin •
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team who inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Long Range Hypersonics Weapons team in Huntsville, AL.
You will work closely with the Structures, Mechanisms and Thermal Product teams as a Mechanical Design Integration engineer to build and shape the spacecraft structure and payload designs.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop mechanical interfaces for the payload subsystems and components.
- Support mechanical design trade studies.
- Develop interface control drawings, subassembly engineering and payload system-level engineering using CREO.
- Regularly communicate with internal customers and program management.
- Drive the development of hardware within cost and schedule constraints.
- Demonstrates an outstanding work ethic and is knowledgeable across a broad range of topics in mechanical engineering.
- Possess good process focus and is able to intelligently apply standard processes to real-world applications.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Understanding of Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals including structural design through education or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience in drafting and ME design techniques
• Experience with 3D modeling and CAD drawing software.
• Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance; US citizenship is required
• 2 years experience of solid modeling using CREO 4.0 or similar CAD tool
• Experience with basic Engineering analysis and tolerance stack-ups
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Ability to work within multidisciplinary product development teams
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and customers simultaneously
• Fundamental understanding of structures, mechanisms and materials
• Active Secret security clearance
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)