Mechanical Engineer - Optics
Raytheon Technologies •
, Arizona, United States
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) in Tucson, AZ is seeking an Opto-Mechanical Engineer with strong mechanical design and analysis skills to join our team.
RMD is a technology and innovation leader. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We value a diverse company with different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Raytheon Technologies offers employee benefits such as a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, 401(k) – Savings & Investment Plans, Paid Time Off, and Parental Leave.
The Electrical Products Team, Electro-Optics Department is currently searching for Mechanical Engineer preferably with Opto-Mechanical experience to work on a multi-discipline team to lead the design of opto-mechanical and EO subsystems using the CAD tool, Creo (Pro/E). Responsibilities include concept development, detailed design, analysis, integration and test, and support of transition to production efforts. Additional duties may include factory production line support in the areas of root cause and corrective action and problem resolution at various suppliers. Candidate will work closely with Integrated Product Team Leads/Program Managers ensuring engineering requirements are defined, risks are managed and schedules/budgets are met. As a Mechanical Engineer, decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification analysis reports as well as presenting to a variety of Engineering Review Boards.
skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- US Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of related and applicable work experience in mechanical design and analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and 3D CAD tools (modeling and drawing) such as Creo
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
This position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance.This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
- Experience in opto-mechanical design and analysis of imagers, afocals, gimbals, or focus and field-of-view switching mechanisms
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited curriculum
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Active DoD issued security clearance
- Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Industry related mechanical design and documentation experience
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)