Mechanical Engineer Advanced Manufacturing
Lockheed Martin •
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing women and men are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds hardest engineering problems. Our culture urges employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer Senior Staff at our Littleton, CO site.
In this position, you will:
• Report to the Senior Manager for Advanced Manufacturing.
• Be responsible for strategic planning for design for manufacturing.
• Be a technical architect responsible for identification and implementation of advanced technologies for production and high rate manufacturing, including planning, additive manufacturing, augmented reality, resource requirements, schedules, defect reduction and proposing new technologies and methodologies.
• Work in a highly dynamic, independent environment to drive long-term change and organizational improvement for all of LM Space Production.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience with project planning, project proposals, implementation readiness reviews and/or project scheduling and execution.
• Design for Manufacturing and understanding of implementing new technologies.
• Understanding of new and emerging advanced manufacturing technologies.
• Previous aerospace or defense experience.
• Experience with automation, additive, inspection, design and/or scheduling tools.
• Strong understanding of technology industry trends including assembly, composite, automation and/or inspection technology.
• Long-term design change experience, including putting together business cases for implementation.
• Experience with 3D modeling software and/or virtual work instructions/VECAMs.
• Strong strategic planning skills in an advanced manufacturing environment.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. We enjoy a robust package of benefits, on-site campus perks and the opportunities of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)