Mechanical System Integration/Test Engineer Staff
Lockheed Martin •
Description:This position is participating in our External Referral Program. If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, youll receive a $3000 payment! code-extrefer
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes.
Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) is seeking a Mechanical System Integration/Test Engineer for our Military Support Programs (MSP) ATLO team.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Perform test planning, develop test documentation, oversee the execution of subsystem and system-level test, and document test results and test discrepancies.
• Lead and support Mechanical and cross-functional Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations (ATLO) operations
• Moderate among the interests of multi-disciplinary groups to synthesize test plans and test procedures that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Develop manufacturing work instructions, procedures, and other documentation needed to conduct spacecraft assembly/testing at both the factory and the launch site
• Have sound organization and troubleshooting skills and understand hardware/software design, requirements generation, product development, test execution, and verification activities
• Be willing to work in a 24/7 operations environment which may include some overtime and support off-shifts and/or weekends/holidays
• Support Program System Engineering and CPEs in the verification of test requirements.
• Support trouble shooting to resolve operations/ test anomalies.
• Understand and perform job duties using the principles and disciplines of SV Test Engineering including policy, procedures, process discipline, operations, safety, and command media.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with Assembly OPs/Testing and problem solving for integrated systems
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, schematics, specifications, and requirements
• Experience generating detailed work instructions and test procedures for assembly and integration operations
• Willingness and ability to support shift work (1st, 2nd and 3rd), extended shifts, weekend work, and overtime as needed for a 24/7 test operation.
• Active TS or SCI security clearance
• Experience in an assembly/integration and test environment, preferably in aerospace, to include an understanding of the test process
• Experience in space vehicle test operations including the test development process, test execution, data analysis, anomaly resolution, and electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and digital multi-meters
• Certified Test Conductor (CTC) with experience in SV Integration and Test including: Baseline Ambient, Full Functional, Thermal Vacuum, Acoustic, EMC/EMI, Final Functional, and Launch Base Operations
• Ability to work alternate shifts when required
• Ability to maintain process discipline in a dynamic and fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to grow and seek new challenges
• Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Demonstrated experience in Assembly operations/Test operations.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Demonstrated technical writing and communication skills with experience writing system level test plans, test procedures, test information sheets, and Manufacturing Work Instructions (MWIs)
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems system tools (SAP, EPDM, VECAMS, PMP Database, etc.) or industry equivalent.
Benefits of Employment:
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care and healthy living incentives! Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Click here to learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive edge.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)