Textron Aviation is hiring engineers to support the company eAviation team in researching advanced aviation technologies such as electrification and autonomy. The eAviation team is working to develop systems and aircraft to enter existing and new cargo and passenger aviation markets. This work will require employees to be flexible to adapt for changing technology and end markets.
The Mechanical Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing complex mechanical system designs for advanced aircraft concepts. These systems include actuated flight control mechanisms, propulsion control mechanisms, landing gear and brake systems, and manually operated mechanical systems.
- Generate mechanical designs using CATIA V6 or 3DExperience
- Conduct and participate in trade studies for aircraft configuration, mechanical system configuration, and component placement and layout
- Conduct mechanical system performance analysis to size actuators, mechanical components, and structure
- Design structure to react to mechanical system loads
- Conduct and participate in periodic design reviews for individual systems integration, as well as major program milestone reviews
- Oversee supplier management including technical interfaces, statements of work, specification control documents, and schedule
- Conduct/oversee testing of mechanical system components and mechanical subsystems; design experiments, write test plans, and analyze data; review supplier test documents