Mechanical Technician - 182440
Chipton Ross Inc •
Duration 3 Months
Description Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Technician for an opening in Plano, TX.
Assists mechanical engineers by creation/fabrication of prototypes, installation and testing to support the development of new electro-mechanical products. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish objectives.
1. Fabricate engineering prototype mill, lathe and sheet metal parts in support of engineering product development
2. Evaluate schedule and organize work to be completed in machine shop
3. Ensure clean and safe operations of machinery and adherence to safety standards
4. Work from layouts, diagrams, and procedures to perform testing
5. With engineer, perform engineering tests, record data & accurately document results
6. When needed, recommend modifications to components to meet desired specifications
7. Conceives, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies
8. Build test fixtures and assembly jigs used in prototyping and production
9. Conducts tests of mechanical and thermal properties for materials and components
10. Support mechanical needs at remote test sites
11. Assembly of prototype mechanical or electromechanical components and systems.
12. Partner with a team of engineers, designers, and other technicians to resolve technical issues associated with the prototype hardware.
13. Build, test, troubleshoot and repair production subassemblies and instruments
14. Assist in the development of documentation such as methods, procedures, sketches, CAD drawings, and ECNs.
15. Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 2 years of experience fabricating machine and sheet metal parts
• Minimum 2 years of experience with CNC programming for mill and lathe
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and processes used in electro-mechanical assemblies
• Knowledge of basic hand tools & power tools (such as drills, saws, wrenches, pneumatic tools, etc)
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
• Demonstrates ability to build production subassemblies by reading procedures, BOMs, and assembly drawings
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical or electromechanical components and systems
• Ability to perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications
• Proficient with drafting standards, practices and interpretation of engineering drawings
• Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• 2 years of formal technical training
• Experience with mechanical drawing, CAM/Cad software and solid modeling software such as Solidworks
• Some experience with Additive Manufacturing
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to travel up to 20%
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, Associates Degree Desired
9/80, 7:30 - 5:00
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
$28.00 -$30.00 DOE
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC