NDT Technician WV
MHI RJ Aviation US •
There’s a New Energy on Board! Our company MHI RJ Aviation Group (MHIRJ) provides comprehensive critical operational, engineering and customer support solutions including maintenance, refurbishment, technical publications, marketing and sales activities for the global regional aircraft industry. Headquartered in Mirabel, Quebec, and bolstered by an Aerospace Engineering Center, MHIRJ’s network of service centers, support offices and parts depots are positioned in important aviation hubs in the U.S., Canada and Germany. A wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd, MHI RJ Aviation Group includes MHI RJ Aviation ULC (Canada), MHI RJ Aviation Inc. (U.S.A.) and MHI RJ Aviation GmbH (Germany).
MHIRJ is seeking an NDT Technician who is smart, curious and loves the challenge of solving problems that improve people’s lives. You’ll collaborate with a fun and close-knit agile team.
In your role, you will:
Perform non-destructive testing (NDT) and inspection of parts and materials to identify defects or disconformities. Level I and Level II NDT technician must be able to pass and maintain certifications per Nas410, interpret codes and approve written NDT procedures per American & Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) and CFR title 14.
- Perform and interpret radiographs of casting, weldments and other parts for discontinuities per Quality specifications (as applicable by site)
- Maintain radiographic records and reports of inspected parts for documentation, traceability and evaluation of potential future problems in service areas (as applicable by site)
- Perform and interpret ultrasonic inspections of bonded parts, assemblies and or suspect parts to detect internal discontinuities
- Perform and interpret ultrasonic thickness measuring on parts to determine thickness
- Perform and interpret eddy current inspections on parts and assemblies to detect/measure cracks or other surface discontinuities
- Perform and interpret conductivity and hardness measurements on parts requiring special evaluations to determine specific heat treatment or detection of heat damage
- Coordinate NDT inspections and results with various departments
- Perform and interpret any approve NDT procedures for eddy current ultrasound magnetic particle and liquid penetrant inspections when certified in that technique.
- Pass and maintain NDT certifications and qualification exams for Level I and Level II certificates covering techniques for which you are qualified. (eddy current ultrasound magnetic particle and liquid penetrant inspections)
As our ideal candidate,
MHI RJ Aviation Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You have knowledge to process parts and perform equipment standardization in accordance with written instructions
- You have knowledge to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with written instructions
- You have the ability to receive guidance and follow written instructions in techniques/methods
- When authorized you are able to perform interpretations and evaluations of specific product or product form for acceptance/rejection in accordance with written instructions
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)