Non Destructive Testing (NDT) Level III
Lockheed Martin •
Description:In this position, located in Stratford, Connecticut, you will primarily support Future Vertical Lift (FVL), CH53K, and other emerging programs. You will perform engineering evaluation including defect analysis, nondestructive testing (NDT) methods analysis, and inspection (when inspection is required must have a minimum level II certification). Prepare, revise, review and approve Non-destructive technique sheets including evaluation of supplier techniques and procedures. Prepare and review engineering specifications. Develop and evaluate new equipment and technology. Design and evaluate inspection reference standards. Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering, programs, field personnel, and suppliers. Audit internal and external NDT inspection facilities. Other duties to include participating in the development of NDT training course material for level I, II, and III. Testing and certifying NDT level I, II, and III inspectors in accordance with NAS 410 and company requirements.
Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to conduct NDT business.
• Current ASNT Level 3 Certifications preferred, with the documented qualifications required to certify to NAS 410 Level 3 in at least 1 of the following methods:
o Ultrasonic (UT) including Phased Array UT (PAUT), Eddy Current (ET) including Eddy Current Array (ECA), Radiography Film/Non-Film (RT), Liquid Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT), Thermography (IRT), Shearography (ST).
• Must be able to certify to NAS 410 Level 3 requirements in all qualified methods within 90 days of employment
• Must have a minimum of 5 years documented work experience as a Level 3 in aerospace NDT
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and database utilization.
• Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in the US as a permanent resident
This is a safety-sensitive job covered by the U.S. DOT’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations require that you participate in a
drug testing program for the following drugs: Marijuana - Opioids - Cocaine - Amphetamines - Phencyclidine or a metabolite of these drugs.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in an Engineering or Technology discipline.
• Documented 5-10 years of aerospace nondestructive testing experience with
previous NAS-410 Level III certification in at least 4 NDT methods (PT, MT, UT, RT, or ET).
• PAUT and ECA experience are a plus.
• Project management experience.
• Experience in nondestructive testing (NDT) of castings, forgings, weldments, composite structures, and bonded assemblies.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)