Non-Destruction Inspection Technician (NDI) II
AVMAC LLC •
Non-Destructive Inspection Technician – three years of experience minimum. Qualified to perform Eddy Current, Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Ultrasonic and Radiographic testing.
- Responsible for performing Non Destructive Testing utilizing liquid penetrants, magnetic particle, Eddy current and ultrasonic techniques as certified. Evaluates inspection data, interprets Inspection findings/results, and records inspection results on approved documents.
- Works under general supervision.
- Determine test method, and prepare fluids and parts for nondestructive inspection.
- Interpret nondestructive inspection test results, and provide information about defects to repair center.
- Analyze wear metal content reports on engine lubricating oil and other fluids, and recommend corrective action.
- Establish radiation areas for radiographic operations.
- Compute and monitor personal exposure areas for radiographic operations, and monitor personnel exposure data.
- Perform nondestructive inspection on structures, components, and systems.
- Detect flaws such as cracks, delamination, voids, processing defects, and heat damage using penetrant, eddy current, magnetic particle, radiographic, optical, and ultrasonic test equipment.
- Determine metallurgical information of components according to alloy, temper, conductivity, and associated factors. Operate, maintain, and inspect nondestructive equipment.
- Perform operator maintenance and service inspections on shop equipment and tools.
- Ensure lock out and tag out procedures are accomplished prior to maintenance on equipment.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous waste and materials.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Required educational/skills background:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Level II - Only personnel who are medically qualified, and trained and certified as NDT/NDI/NDE technicians IAW CNAFINST and NAS 410 are authorized to perform NDT/NDI/NDE operations..
- Completion of one or more NAMTGD or equivalent courses.
- Be able to perform aircraft non-destructive inspections (NEC 7225), without direct supervision, afloat and ashore under all readiness conditions. Certified NDI technicians conduct liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current, ultrasonic, radiographic, and composite material NDI methods.
- Knowledge of naval maintenance publications, maintenance requirement cards, and the ability to document maintenance utilizing the Naval Aviation Logistics Command Information System (NALCOMIS).
Physical Demands: This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions. Normal color perception required.
Work Environment (ADA): May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flightline that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
AVMAC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
AVMAC is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law Poster:
Job Ident #: