LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Candidate will be responsible for designing, installing, upgrading, and modifying equipment to support manufacturing and process engineering needs. They will also support critical down tool repairs working with Maintenance Technicians. Person will manage projects to complete above activities on time and on budget.
Working understanding of mechanical, electrical and control systems.
- PLC control systems design and troubleshooting of existing systems (CTI, Siemens, Automation Direct, GE Fanuc) hardware and software.
- Mechanical and electrical CAD design experience (Pro-E, Creo, AutoCAD)
- Must have project management (MS Project), and data analysis experience/skills (SPC, DOE).
- Must have experience with troubleshooting methodologies, to get to root cause of equipment issues.
- Should understand electrical, chemical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Must know how to work safely around such systems, with an understanding of how to use Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently on complex systems and projects with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of cleanroom principles, and how to work within these constraints.
- Communicate clearly, both written and oral, with company personnel and customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities&13;
- Lead troubleshooting and repair of production equipment during critical or long down issues.
- Support Process/Product Engineering development and Manufacturing production needs.
- Lead projects for new equipment installations, relocations and upgrades. Equipment selection, documentation, scheduling, and cost control are included in this scope.
- Identify areas of opportunity, and establish plans or projects to improve equipment availability and functionality.
- Other tasks include, monitoring equipment performance, generating/updating preventative maintenance documentation, including documenting best known methods, and lessons learned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience: 8+ years of experience in semiconductor equipment engineering, or related field. Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking and the ability to lift up to 40 lbs is required. Lifting is ≤ 1% of job requirement. Access to different parts of equipment requires range of physical mobility.
- Office and documentation 15 - 30% of time.
- Light manufacturing up to 60 - 80% of time.
- Travel and heavy manufacturing ≤ 5% of time.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS