Principal Mechanical Engineer
Raytheon Technologies •
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support multiple space programs in El Segundo, CA. The Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for understanding design requirements, coordinating mechanical design, preparing design reviews, and presenting engineering information to Raytheon leadership, customer management, and consultants. The Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer is a motivated self-starter who can manage complex projects, work with and lead other engineers to resolve technical problems and establish approaches for solutions. The mechanical design and build effort will be for electro-optical sensor assemblies with considerations in thermal and structural performance in vacuum and cryogenic environments. Experience in all aspects of opto-mechanical design for space based products is highly desired.
The ideal candidate for this position will have broad engineering knowledge capable of leading a cross-functional engineering and analysis team from a strong technical background involving material selection, optical layout, thermal management, precision mechanical mounting and motion, and structural optimization while balancing against cost and schedule constraints. The qualified candidate will possess good communication and teaming skills, and will provide direction and consultation on mechanical issues and be responsible for technical work performed by junior level engineers. The candidate will assist in generating proposals and will provide innovative mechanical design and manufacturing expertise.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional mechanical engineering experience.
- Hands on experience in development of space products from concept to production release.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience with Creo or similar CAD tool.
- Experience with complex mechanical design, manufacture and AI&T processes.
- Proficiency with GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Experience working on Integrated Product Teams in some leadership capacity.
- Position will require an active SSBI and/or TS/SCI clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Proven hardware experience in space electro-optical products.
- Knowledge in the design of cryogenic infrared sensors.
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a product line or business area and viewed as an expert within a program or functional area.
- Experience working with customers as the technical point contact and instrumental in attracting and obtaining major new program business.
- Knowledge in Earned Value Management System.
Required Education (Including major):
- Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Mechanical Engineering or other related STEM field.
- Graduate degree in a related field.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)