Aviation Search Group •
A Part 145 Repair Station, located at the Van Nuys Airport, is seeking a Production Manager. This position will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for the areas of Avionics Production as well as Interiors Production. He/she will be expected to have an exceptional working knowledge of our product/service offerings and drive operational results.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all Avionics and Interiors crews and operational activities of the company.
- Ensures compliance to all FAA maintenance regulations and requirements.
- Oversees purchases of equipment, parts and components to meet client needs.
- Ensures accuracy of documentation in aircraft, ensures aircraft availability for service, analyzes aircraft and makes a plan for the team.
- Ensures labor costs are in line with billing.
- Ensures client invoices are accurate.
- Communicates keeping team and manager informed of status.
- Maintains constant contact with client to ensure they are kept abreast of any changes/additions to the work order.
- Responsible for hiring, training and motivating staff, designing and developing effective training methods.
- Develop and manage new customer relationships in order to build on existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Collaborate with Sales team to fill schedule
- Work collaboratively with other departments e.g., Sales & Finance
- Communicates new opportunities with GM and contributes to overall company strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Avionics and/or Interiors experience required.
- Airframe and Power Plant License preferred.
- Must have prior aviation experience. Gulfstream a major plus.
- Knowledge of other airframes (Bombardier, Falcon, Challengers) a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5+ years of Production Management in an MRO environment.
- Capable of repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Capable of determining causes of operating errors and determining best course of action.
- Able to perform tests and inspections of products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Able to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)