Metro Aviation is seeking a Program LeadTechnician fortheVidant EastCare program.
Metro Aviation is driven by its safety culture and demonstrates that commitmentto safety by providing its Technicians with industry-leading training and modern,well-equipped shops.
We are seeking aviation professionals that share ourpassion for safety and excellence in operations.
1. Maintains a close liaison with the Regional Maintenance Manager toprovide the current status of aircraft and forecast downtime.
2. The Lead Technician is a supervisory and support position intended toprovide direct supervision to the Base Maintenance Technicians for theprogram, as assigned.
3. Provides planning, management, and oversight of the maintenanceorganization within the assigned Region.
4. Provides aircraft technical support, maintenance planning of daily, shortterm and long term planning of all maintenance activity within theassigned program.
5. Ensuring Company aircraft are maintained in accordance with theAirworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations,Airworthiness Directives and Metro Aviations policy and procedure.
6. Overseeing the management of the aircraft maintenance activitiesincluding overhaul, modifications, maintenance, and repair of aircraftairframe, rotors, propellers, engines and appliances.
7. Responsible for after-hours Maintenance Management support for theirrespective programs.
8. Responsible for a thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations,the General Maintenance Manual, the Operations Manual, andOperations Specifications.
9. Ensuring that base Technicians are properly qualified and trained fortheir respective assignments.
10. Communicating and interfacing with the customer program Manager, theaircraft scheduled maintenance activity, unscheduled maintenanceactivity and other activities that may affect the availability of the aircraft.
11. Responsible for the timely repair of deferred items in reference to theMEL Management Program.
12. Responsible for logging, tracking and keeping current the Aircraft Out OfService events on the Company Intranet Portal.
13. Ensures the Director of Maintenance is notified in the event ofencounters with the FAA such as ramp checks, base visits or requeststo contact ATC. Notification may be made by email or by phone duringnormal duty hours. The notification shall include but not be limited tolocation, date, time, Inspector name, areas covered and areas ofconcern.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.
- Ability to work outdoors and/or in potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures dependent upon location.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary.
- Comfortable working on ladders and or work stands of 12 feet or less and small spaces.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures which foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.