Job Title:Quality Control Inspector
Our Atlanta facility (PDK) is currently seeking a highly professional, qualified individual for the position of Quality Control Inspector this Position directly reports to the General Manager.
The Maintenance Group (a subsidiary of Elliott Aviation) has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Inspector at their DeKalb-Peachtree Airport facility located in Atlanta, Georgia.Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation.Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible for inspecting aircraft, reviewing and analyzing aircraft maintenance records, ensuring compliance with repair station procedures and releasing aircraft.
Responsibilities of this position include:
Monitor Repair Station activities to ensure continual compliance
- Interact and communicate with FAA Principal Maintenance and Avionics Inspectors and other FAA Representatives (DAR&8217;s, DER&8217;s, etc.)
- Assist in the work processes and coordinate with multiple departments to promote efficiency and completing jobs on time
- Assist in coordinating Quality Control concerns between multiple departments.
- Assist technicians with technical and or regulatory concerns
- Assist with other processes/procedures to help ensure all required paperwork is completed in a professional and timely manner
- Help maintain open lines of communication between technicians, lead techs, departments, and other inspectors.
- Help with solutions that ensure customers have received results that exceed their expectations, but also meet all regulatory items
- Research aircraft maintenance records to determine the status of &8220;time items&8221; service bulletins and letters, airworthiness directives, special inspection requirements, overhaul and maintenance schedule requirements, etc.
- Assist in airworthiness decisions based on FAA regulations, sound principles, good judgment, and high standards for the aviation industry
- Monitor repair station activities to ensure compliance with our Quality Control and Repair Station Manuals, Federal Aviation Regulations, and work safety concerns
- Help coordinate the scheduling of Quality Control matters with all departments involved
- Discuss issues with FAA personnel, manufacturers&8217; representatives, and or DAR&8217;s as necessary for technical guidance, clarification of issues, determinations of airworthiness, etc.
- Prepare Major Repair and Alteration Forms, FAA Field Approvals, 8130-3 forms, POH/AFM revisions, POH supplements, weight and balance revisions, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, and other required paperwork, as necessary
- Review work order traveler on assigned aircraft for correct detail and timely completion
- Prepare maintenance record entries for assigned aircraft (Logbook entries)
- Perform inspection of various maintenance actions
- Perform Critical Flight Safety (CFS) final inspections and in-progress inspections
- Perform final reviews of completed work orders for accuracy and completion of all required data and signatures
- Perform final release procedures for aircraft
- Assist in resolving customer concerns with respect to quality control issues and or decisions
- Capable of performing audits for FAR compliance
- Foster and maintain working relationships with external customers, OEM&8217;s, vendors, etc. Assist with researching and resolving customer disputes with Airframe Services with regard to QC matters
- Train and coach fellow inspectors to include delegated Inspectors, to function effectively as a team and promote a sense of teamwork
- Participate in solving complex quality and airworthiness related issues
- Aid as required in interpreting complex technical data and specifications
- Assist in developing training materials and guides for the Inspection Department
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars and reviewing product trade publications
- Other duties as assigned
Top candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding organizational skills.
Other requirements include:
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant License or Repairman Certificate.
- Superior knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations pertinent to Repair Stationoperations, to include 14CFR Parts 1, 21, 23, 39, 43, 91, 135, and 145
- Excellent familiarity with a wide variety of aircraft maintenance operations that preferably include interior and paint operations
- Impeccable customer relations skills
- Computer literate, using MS Word and Excel, and Internet Usage
- Knowledge of computer maintenance tracking systems, CAMP&8217;s, AVTRAK, CESSCOM , etc.
Please contact Aviation Personnel for more information at 817-244-2125!!