QC NDT Inspector - Marana
Hire Aviation •
To perform functions assigned in the administration and interpretation of methods of nondestructive testing.
- Researches technical data and examines the structure and components of an aircraft for defects on the surface, inside the material, or hidden by other structures in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Conducts eddy current, penetrant, ultrasonic, and magnetic particle tests on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications
- Reviews test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria.
- Applies agents such as cleaners, penetrants, developers to parts, or heat treated parts to prepare for testing.
- Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- Calibrates test equipment such as magnetic particle, and ultrasonic contact machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant and magnetic particle tests to locate and identify cracks or other defects using black light.
- Documents all findings on associated Company maintenance paperwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Specific training and appropriate documentation to obtain a minimum of Level II for NDT disciplines as described in Company Process Manual required.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)