Quality Assurance Inspector
West Star Aviation •
This position which oversees all assigned production work scopes to ensure all work accomplished is done in accordance with the West Star Repair Station Manual and the Federal Aviation Regulations. This will be accomplished while working with Program Managers, Team Leaders and Quality Control
Inspectors. Perform work order surveillance and create maintenance log entries for all maintenance and modifications to aircraft assigned. Complete all FAA approval and return to service paperwork as required to support production and our customers. Assist Engineering personnel in assuring alterations and repairs are accomplished in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations. Ensure quality control and release of aircraft meet the West Star Repair Station Manual and FAA requirements. Job duties will vary each day.
- Perform all work order surveillance to ensure the work order represents the condition of the product or article at all times.
- Perform production floor surveillance to ensure all processes and procedures are meeting the requirements of the FAA regulations, policy, guidance, Repair Station/Quality Control manual requirements to include those requirements required by foreign authorizations West Star Aviation may have.
- Using the work order, create maintenance log entries that meet all return to service requirements.
- Analyze data and documents to author FAA form 337’s for Major Repairs and Alterations.
- Analyze data and documents for the creation of Weight and Balance Reports.
- Coordinate work scopes with Program Managers, Team Leaders and Quality Control Inspectors on a daily basis.
- Gather and organize all pertinent documentation for the customer at time of delivery and West Star’s work orders.
- Update and completion of FAA forms or records, including support of Engineering and Team Leaders to ensure return to service is accomplished expediently.
- Perform internal audits as required.
- Daily contact at assigned aircraft with Team Leader to ensure schedule and quality standards are met.
- Maintain customer oriented work habits.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
To apply please visit www.weststaraviation.com/careers/
High school diploma or equivalent. A&P License or Repairman Certificate required.
Inspection Authorization (IA) rating recommended.
A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required
Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets.Read electrical and structural prints is recommended.
3 years turbine aircraft inspection experience with return to service authority required.
Previous log research experience recommended.
Customer service experience recommended.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)