Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold a valid Airframe and Power plant license.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years heavy service experience.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the FAA FARs.
- Must have a basic knowledge of how to read and interrupt Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Service Bulletins (SB)
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use, with accuracy, all precision measuring tools and devices.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Non-Destructive Testing Experience (NDT) in UT, Dye Pen, and ET
- Documented formal Composite Training
- Conformity and First Article Inspection Experience
- Calibration Lab Experience
- Ability to work in confined and restrictive spaces
- Understand how to write and distribute FAA Forms such as 8130-3 and FAA Form 337
- Intermediate level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Intermediate level skill with Windows operating systems
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs technical inspections of aircraft, parts, systems, subsystems and aircraft structure.
- Performs quality and safety inspections of on-site equipment and tooling for use on aircraft.
- Performs in-progress and final inspections during maintenance, repair, modification and rework of aircraft, aircraft components, parts, and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by signature.
- Inspects job progress, procedures, and maintenance forms used in performance of aircraft maintenance work to assure compliance with approved methods, data, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Inspects all incoming parts to assure they carry approved documentation and certification.
- Identifies and documents aircraft and aircraft parts discrepancies clearly and effectively.
- Must successfully complete all training assigned by the Director of Training or Quality Leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Quality leadership necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable 2020 vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.