Quality Control Inspector B
ALOFT AeroArchitects •
The Quality Control Install Inspector B performs required inspections and conformity inspections of aircraft, articles and other product in accordance with the Certificated Repair Station (CRS) operating manuals, procedures and standards, in compliance with all applicable regulatory guidance, based on individual ability and advancement in training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, the Repair Station Manual (RSM), Quality System Manual (QSM), Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications, owner/operator requirements, and industry standards acceptable to the Administrator.
* Perform required inspections and conformity inspections on aircraft and articles that have been assigned.
* Release aircraft, articles and products for return to service.
* Maintain proficiency in the use of inspection aides, test equipment, and techniques used to determine the airworthiness of a product or aircraft undergoing maintenance, repair, or alteration.
* Read, understand, apply and maintain currency with applicable FAA Regulations, FAA Airworthiness Directives, Manufacturer Bulletins, Maintenance Manuals, Engineering Letters, Service letters, and Maintenance Program Manuals.
* Assist Receiving Department with inspection of incoming material, parts, and supplies and insure that the proper certification papers are routed to the Inspection Department for aircraft records.
* Determine airworthiness of subcontracted work performed outside the Repair Station.
* Ensure unserviceable parts are properly tagged and identified to prevent reuse as serviceable parts.
* Properly execute FAA Form 337 and / or maintenance release.
* Verify inspections of completed work are properly performed in accordance with engineering drawings, specified standards, regulations or OEM manuals.
* Ensure that periodic checks and calibration of inspection tools and precision test equipment are accomplished.
* Perform aircraft document audits to assure that the paperwork package is complete prior to aircraft or product being returned to service.
* Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
* Other duties may be assigned.
The individual employed in this position is expected to dress appropriately (determined by area in which their work is performed), report to work on time, have excellent work habits, and have a cooperative and positive attitude in the work setting; exhibits respect and professionalism when interacting with customers, and all employees; must adhere to company policies, procedures and safety standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
* Requires High School diploma or equivalent reading, writing, and math abilities.
* Three to five years’ experience in a Repair Station.
* Must have experience returning aircraft to service.
* Proficiency in the use of inspection aides, test equipment and techniques to determine quality of airworthiness.
* Ability to assist, and to provide training and guidance to Inspection staff.
* Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other company and discipline specific software applications.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
* Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed.
* Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times, while setting a positive example for all employees.
* Read, write, and understand the English language.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant license is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Exerting/lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or 25 lbs. frequently.
* Use of hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate precision tools / measuring equipment.
* This position requires specific vision abilities including close / far vision and color distinction.
* Ability to climb ladders, aircraft maintenance stands; operate boom lifts.
Occasional travel may be required; the employee filling this position must be willing to travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods.
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Standard office environment.
* Exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in an aviation environment.
* Close proximity to several industrial hazards including electrical, mechanical and chemical.
* Occasional work at heights upwards to 60 feet.
All employees have a responsibility to cooperate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and to encourage the health and safety of all other team members.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual employed in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by Management.
Job Ident #: