Quality Control Inspector Casual
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services •
This position will provide inspection support and quality oversight for production maintenance on an "as needed basis”. You will perform inspections of aircraft and components to determine airworthiness and conformity. The areas of responsibility will include: Heavy, Component, Line Maintenance and some manufacturing. Must be certified under Part 65 and be willing to work under Parts 21, 91, 121, 125, 135 and 145. This position reports to Supervisor, Quality Control.
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- 5 years experience in maintenance of large transport aircraft
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to write legibly
Premium Qualification Requirements:
- Documented Boeing 767, 757, 737, 727 and DC-9 & MD-80 training and heavy maintenance experience
- Previous heavy maintenance inspection experience in Part 121 or 145
- Documented training and working knowledge of Non-Destructive testing in eddy current, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, penetrant and radiography
- Documented training and working knowledge of geometrical dimensioning and tolerence (GD&T)
- Documented training and/or experience with Faro Arm with Polyworks software
- Working knowledge of Parts 43, 145, 91 and 121
- AMES Level II Certified in Eddy Current Testing and two (2) of the following other NDT Methods: Ultrasound, Magnetic Particle, Penetrant, Radiography
- Willing to provide OJT, guidance and leadership within the inspection group, including NDT as well as general QC tasks
- Willing to travel as needed to support operational and customer needs
- Willingness to fulfill all visual inspections and daily functions required of Inspectors without NDT qualifications
- Excellent communication skills problem solving skills with all levels of the organization.
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and to travel on an as needed basis to support off-site maintenance
- Must provide tools as listed on required tool listing.
- Eye/hand coordination and clear field of vision
- Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to bend, crawl, twist, and other positions and sustain the position for extended period of time
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)