Quality Control Inspector
, Virginia, United States
Quality Control Inspector
Who we are
CommutAir is a regional airline operating flights on behalf of United Airlines as a United Express partner. With our fleet of Embraer 145 aircraft, we operate up to 1,500 weekly flights - connecting people and communities to the world via Uniteds global network. Headquartered in Cleveland: we have major hubs in Denver, Houston, and Washington Dulles, with maintenance bases in Albany, and Lincoln. We are looking for individuals to join our growing team of over 1,500 diverse professionals who work together to solve each days unique challenges.
What we do
Our purpose is to connect people and communities to the world. Our work has an impact on people’s lives, and we do what it takes to get the job done. We are guided and grounded by our core4 values: safe, caring, dependable, and efficient. From the flight deck to the finance team, and everyone in between, it takes a coordinated effort to keep our operation running smoothly.
Why work with us?
When you join the CommutAir family, you unlock a whole suite of perks, including:
CommutAir Cares, our non-profit organization, provides emergency financial assistance to employees during extreme hardship – As well as free access to our EAP services.
- Extensive flight benefits for you and your family
- Monthly performance bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid sick and vacation time
- 401(k) with company match
- Support when you need it most
What the position is
The Quality Control Inspector position ensures that all inspection activities are accomplished in the most efficient manner and in accordance with approved company manuals, procedures, and policies to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and guidelines. This position is a supervisory position reporting to the Chief Inspector.
- Assists the Chief Inspector in establishing and revising company policies and procedures
- Ensuring preventive maintenance, repairs, and alterations are performed in accordance with approved documentation during the RII process
- Ensure correct documentation and processing of received parts including the CURE Program
- Assist in the supervision and training of maintenance personnel
- Identify Company and Manufacturers manual deficiencies for management review and acting as a liaison on behalf of the company on issues dealing with Original Equipment Manufacturers, Engineering Groups, Maintenance Providers, and other relevant external entities
- Work closely with Technical Operations Planner, Shift Supervisor & MX Control to evaluate and ensure that all scheduled work is completed within the allotted time frame
- Perform immediate surveillance of aircraft inspection packages / generated paperwork prior to submitting to records for data entry & final surveillance prior to record archiving
- Know and comply with policies & procedures detailed on the approved RII list
- Verifying the in-service date, proper use, and handling of calibrated tooling during the RII process
- Carrying out other Inspection tasks and duties as assigned
- Must hold a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and appropriate authorizations required for RII Inspection and Airworthiness Release
- Have at least two years of maintenance experience on company-operated aircraft or related experience on transport category aircraft with one year as a certificated mechanic
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Hold a valid state-issued driver’s license and passport
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
- Know the appropriate parts of the company Maintenance Program including Policies and Procedures, as well as applicable CFRs
- High level of attention to detail
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)