Quality Control Inspector
Worldwide Aviation Support Services •
Responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and support equipment. Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services. This position is located in Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and update aircraft historical records as specified in published document procedures, through the Management Information System (MIS)
- Monitor the Quality Control Help Desk for tickets submitted by outlying sites requesting assistance with certain tasks or obtaining information from OEM support
- Review and process all incoming directives received through the Technical Publications Library in the form of Service Bulletins (SB), Safety of Flight (SOF), Action Messages (ASAM/AMAM), Airworthiness Directives (AD), etc. Determine applicability and distribute throughout the program via Quality Control Memorandums
- Perform acceptance inspections of aircraft received from vendors or repair facilities, to include but not limited to; in-process inspection, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests performed during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft systems and/or associated components
- Perform Aircraft Weight & Balance calculations and /or adjustments using the AWBS (Aircraft Weight & Balance System)
- Calculate life limited components overhaul and retirement times for accuracy and validation
- Perform internal auditing assistance as directed by Quality Control Manager to ensure processes are complied with per the Project Work Statement (PWS)
- Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance ensuring that all technical data being used are current and up to date
- Inspect maintenance performed on aircraft and components consisting of removal, installation, repair, replacement, modification, disassembly, and reassembly in accordance with appropriate OEM manuals and/or technical publications
- Perform audits of aircraft logbooks and post flight pack reviews to ensure process and procedures are in compliance with the published document procedures
- Compose and submit Product Quality Discrepancy Reports in accordance with the Program Directive
- Perform aircraft weighing operations using joint service technical publication
- Ensures calibrated tools used to maintain aircraft have current calibration
- Monitor tool control programs, inspects and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Manager, Quality Control
- Ability to travel to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations to provide field support
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- A.A./A.S. or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; related experience/ training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.FAA Inspection Authorization a plus.
- Minimum six years of experience, of which four must be specialized in supporting an aviation/aerospace program
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
- Previous experience with the Contract Field Team Maintenance concept and its application to Military maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems
- Previous aircraft inspector on the assigned aircraft experience
- Experience in negotiation and customer support
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships
- Knowledge of Army Regulations 95-1, DA / DOS PAM 738-750 / 751 or Military Publications
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)