- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years inspection experience in an aerospace environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or higher in quality, engineering, or related field.
- Military experience.
- FAA Airframe and Power plant license.
- Experience with quality assurance principles, methods, and processes.
- Experience with avionics and electrical systems.
- Experience with aerospace propulsion and principles.
- Experience with aerospace structures.
- Experience with satellite assemblies.
- Experience with ground support equipment (GSE), fluid systems, mechanical systems, and general associated equipment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in aerospace standards.
- Intermediate level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate level skill with Windows operating systems.
- Secret clearance or above.
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.