- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of quality inspection experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in a quality inspection role with in a manufacturing or aerospace company
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree in a technical or engineering field
- Experience working with aerospace propulsion assembly installation and testing processes and procedures
- Experience working with material review board and root cause/corrective action systems
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspections using portable measuring devices
- Strong understanding of safety programs and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Practical experience working within quality management systems (AS9100 and ISO 9001)
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Able to work all shift hours, able to work overtime and weekend as needed
- Able to travel for short trips as needed. Up to 10% travel
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.