Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
QUALITY INSPECTOR – PRECISION TUBE FABRICATION SHOP
- Provide detailed in-process inspections on tube and mechanical assemblies, using detailed drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to design requirements
- Identify, document, and resolve production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and pursue corrective action as required
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the work area
- Document production non-conformances in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required
a or GED
1 year of practical experience carrying out inspection for aerospace components
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of aerospace inspection experience with flight rated components
- Experience working with tube assemblies
- Inspection and test experience with propulsion components
- Practical experience working with quality management systems (AS9100 and ISO9001)
- A&P license
- Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8+ hours
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be able to work all shift hours, overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)