- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work and inspection records, reports and forms used by the company are properly executed prior to returning the airframe, powerplant or appliance to service.
- Ensures that the special precision tooling and test equipment are calibrated in accordance with the Company’s calibration program.
- Should possess sufficient hand tools to efficiently perform duties as a maintenance technician when assigned by the company.
- Conduct receiving inspection and assures that all incoming material, and parts undergo receiving inspection.
- Assure that no defective; unserviceable or un-airworthy parts are installed on any aircraft or components thereof
- Ensures the proper tagging and identification of all parts and components as outlined in the RSQM during storage and work in progress.
- Will have knowledge of customer’s policies and procedures as applicable, including customer’s RII procedure. As well as safety and human factors.
- Reviews work to be performed for air carriers operating under GACA Part 145.
- Performs inspections of work in process in accordance with the customer’s supplied work package and manufacturers’ procedures.
- Comply preliminary, hidden damage, in-progress and final inspection of airframe, engines and component parts thereof are accomplished, and to ensure that the findings of these inspections are recorded on designated work item card and/or work order.
- Willing to learn adapt or implement new procedures to the policies and procedures of the Aircraft Records department
- Process and review maintenance records to ensure accuracy and completeness in the time control system
- Identify and obtain corrections to discrepant records
- Work directly with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and other internal groups when records are needed.
- Research and resolve unmatched aircraft data
- Distribute and retain documents as required by GACA policy
- Research and update engine service bulletin information in regards to new aircraft delivery.
- Complete other assignments and projects as directed by Chief of Maintenance or Chief Flight Instructor
- Verify required aircraft paperwork that has been reviewed by an inspector
- Review aircraft records for completeness and accuracy upon receipt
- Scan and retain all historical records of airframe, components, and engines Verify scanned documents were properly scanned
- Properly index and file Major Alteration, Major Repair and Airworthiness Directive paperwork Conduct daily audits and verification of records to ensure accuracy and integrity of paper and electronic files before discarding any type of document
- Maintain aircraft, engines, and component records in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for initiating Record Error Notices (REN) and follow through for closure of any corrections required within a prescribed time frame.
- Purge aircraft, engines, and component records in accordance with company requirement
- Manage all company and regulatory requirements for documentation of preventative maintenance, inspection, repair and/or overhaul
- Research component history/location in computer based tracking system
- Provide summaries/reports of data as requested by internal departments or external vendors
- Provide support to external agencies, companies and internal departments regarding requests and audits
- Process heavy check paperwork for repair vendor
- Accomplish monthly self-audits
- Create and recommend new processes to improve the accuracy and integrity of the records system
- Generate periodic status summaries and recommendations to the
- Manager of Records, and/or his/her designee for the continual enhancement of the records system process
- Support leasing company or auditing agency representative during audits, lease returns, etc.
- Aviation Inspector: 5 years
- Inspector: 3 years
- GACA ME License
- GACA IA License
- Part 145 experience preferred
- General Authority of Civil Aviation Verified Maintenance license with IA is MANDATORY
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC