RS Aircraft Tech I [Westfield, MA] in GAC Westfield
See JOB description. Spring 2022 A&P graduates with no aviation maintenance experience will be considered. A&P license must be received prior to employment.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or 2 years of aviation maintenance experience. . Valid Driver&8217;s License required. Position Purpose
The Aircraft Technician I, under close supervision, performs or assists with inspection, maintenance, and repair of basic aircraft systems and structures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform basic aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications under close supervision. Assist with movement of aircraft as required.
- Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.) .
- Ensure all customer property is properly protected.
- Use material tracking system to create parts demand, and to charge labor to Work Orders, items, and squawks. .
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic and de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. .
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use. .
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address and report unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk. .
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 185686
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 09/30/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft