RS Airworthiness Inspector in GAC Savannah
Structural/sheetmetal and/or Avionics install exerience is a plus. The candidate must be willing to work overtime periodically. Must have a strong understanding of blueprints.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. Airframe and Powerplant License required. 4 years aircraft experience on large/mid-size aircraft. Proficient in the utilization of Federal Aviation Regulations, FAA forms and documents. Proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation, shop mathematics and QC Procedures. Position Purpose
The Airworthiness Inspector physically inspects aircraft, aircraft components, and reviews paperwork to ensure that workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality, and that customer aircraft are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required. documentation properly completed and filed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Quality Control inspections on aircraft/components in the Repair Station. .
- Completes inspections of aircraft, engine, and component repairs and alterations to ensure conformity to FAA approved/acceptable data.
- Coordinates mechanical, electrical and inspection requirements on the aircraft during maintenance or outfitting. .
- Keeps accurate, neat and legible records of the work performed on aircraft/components. .
- Coordinates throughout assigned jobs with RTS to ensure accurate aircraft records are produced in a timely manner. .
- Conducts audits of maintenance documentation for accuracy and completion on all aircraft prior to approval for return to service. .
- Ensures aircraft/components are airworthy prior to any flight activities.
- Mentors technicians on effective documentation.
- Communicates with management as required. to identify work assignments and delivery schedules. .
- Continually monitors repair station compliance with FAR Part 145 and the FAA accepted site Repair Station and Quality Control Manual. .
- Completes FAA required. conformity inspections and complies certification data for presentation to the FAA for approval. .
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Strong computer skills. .
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Requisition Number: 198704
Category: Quality Assurance
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 09/30/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft